Red Light Therapy, also known as Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) or Photobiomodulation, is a non-invasive treatment that uses specific wavelengths of red and near-infrared light (660nm and 850nm) to stimulate cellular function and promote healing.
This therapy has gained attention for its potential to address various health areas, especially cellular respiration, metabolism, and anti-aging.
How Does it Work?
Red Light Therapy (RLT) works by repetitively exposing your skin to low levels of red and near-infrared light for a certain period of time.
This red light exposure produces a positive biochemical effect in cells, strengthening mitochondria, where cellular energy is created. By enhancing mitochondrial function, RLT also increases electron transport, oxygen consumption, and ATP levels, enabling cells to function more efficiently while rejuvenating and repairing themselves.
Benefits of Red Light Therapy:
- Reduced Inflammation and Pain
- Enhanced Immune System
- Detoxification and Stress Reduction
- Improved Skin Health Enhanced Cellular Regeneration
- Muscle Recovery and Performance
- Neurological Support
- Mood Enhancement
Applications of Red Light Therapy:
- Skin Health: Acne, scars, wrinkles, eczema, psoriasis, and overall skin rejuvenation.
- Pain Management: Arthritis, muscle pain, joint pain, back pain, and other types of chronic pain.
- Wound Healing: Improving wound, cut, and bruise healing.
- Hair Growth: Stimulating hair follicles and promoting hair growth in cases of thinning hair or alopecia.
- Sports Recovery: Accelerating muscle recovery, reducing inflammation, and enhancing athletic performance.
- General Well-being: Supporting overall well-being, immune function, and stress reduction.
Sessions and Frequency
Continuous sessions over a period of 8 to 12 weeks are recommended for satisfactory results.
An initial approach involves 20-minute sessions, three to five times per week.
For prevention of chronic symptoms, one to two weekly maintenance sessions may be recommended.
To optimize athletic performance, doing a red light session before and after exercise can be beneficial.
(please see portuguese page for hyperlinks)
Stem Cell Activation:
Improvement in Depression and Anxiety
Increased Melatonin Production
Benefits in Autoimmune Thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s)
Adjunct in Psoriasis Treatment