What is it?
Ozone is a gaseous molecule composed of 3 oxygen atoms that, when administered in precise doses, produces beneficial effects on the body.
The gas is produced from a medical ozone generator and its use can be done in isolation or as an adjunct/auxiliary treatment of other treatments.
The administration of medical ozone is done together with oxygen,which makes it a safe therapy free of toxic substances.
How is the treatment done?
The administration of ozone is possible in several ways: Intravenous, Rectal, Intramuscular, Paravertebral, Interarticular (knee, shoulder, ankles, etc.), Inflatable Sac (skin problems), Nasogastric tube, Bladder catheter, etc.). These therapeutic pathways can be used alone or in combination (providing a synergistic effect).
A typical blood treatment (intravenous) lasts between 15 and 20 minutes, and the person is immediately able to resume their activities after treatment.
The effect of ozone is gradual and cumulative. The frequency and duration of treatments is individualized to the problem and evolution of the health status of each person.
Beneficial effects attributed to ozone therapy
When administered in precise therapeutic doses and by specialized technicians, ozone:
- Reduces Inflammation and Pain
- Stimulates the immune system
- Neutralizes toxins, and fights oxidative stress.
- Fights viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Revitalizes and regenerates cells.
- Improves tissue oxygenation
- Promotes Longevity
- Improves blood circulation
- Increases physical performance
- Enhances healing
- Purifies blood and lymph
- Improves brain function and memory
- Prevents and fights oncological diseases
- Prevents and fights autoimmune diseases
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Panic Attacks / Anxiety
- Headache (headache)
- Senile and pre-senile dementia
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurological pain
- Tiredness and chronic fatigue
- Memory loss
- Autoimmune diseases
- Infections by Viruses, Fungi and Bacteria
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthrosis (Hip, Knee, Elbow, Shoulder)
- Bursitis and tendinitis
- Disc herniation
- Foot spurs
- Sports performance
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Tendinitis and sports lesions
- Cancer prevention
- Adjuvant in chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Post-chemotherapy detox
- Minimization of side effects
- Heart problems
- High cholesterol
- Venous Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot
- Fluid retention
- Varicose veins
- Acne, Eczema and Allergies
- Atopic dermatitis
- Peyronie’s disease
Digestive system (Gastroenterology)
- Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Diverticulitis and polyps
- Gastric or duodenal ulcers
1 . Hazucha MJ, Bates DV, Bromberg PA. Mechanism of action of ozone on the human lung. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1989 Oct [PubMed]
2. Martínez-Sánchez G, Al-Dalain SM, Menéndez S, Re L, Giuliani A, Candelario-Jalil E, Alvarez H, Fernández-Montequín JI, León OS. Therapeutic efficacy of ozone in patients with diabetic foot. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 Oct [PubMed]
3. Carpendale MT, Freeberg JK. Ozone inactivates HIV at noncytotoxic concentrations. Antiviral Res. 1991 Oct [PubMed]
4. Bocci VA. Scientific and medical aspects of ozone therapy. State of the art. Arch Med Res. 2006 May [PubMed]
5. Re L, Mawsouf MN, Menéndez S, León OS, Sánchez GM, Hernández F. Ozone therapy: clinical and basic evidence of its therapeutic potential. Arch Med Res. 2008 Jan [PubMed]
6. Bocci V. Biological and clinical effects of ozone. Has ozone therapy a future in medicine? Br J Biomed Sci. 1999 [PubMed]
7. Rahimi-Movaghar V, Eslami V. The major efficient mechanisms of ozone therapy are obtained in intradiscal procedures. Pain Physician. 2012 Nov-Dec [PubMed]
8. Daif ET. Role of intra-articular ozone gas injection in the management of internal derangement of the temporomandibular joint. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012 Jun [PubMed]
9. Chen H, Yu B, Lu C, Lin Q. The effect of intra-articular injection of different concentrations of ozone on the level of TNF-α, TNF-R1, and TNF-R2 in rats with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2013 May [PubMed]
10. Fuccio C, Luongo C, Capodanno P, Giordano C, Scafuro MA, Siniscalco D, Lettieri B, Rossi F, Maione S, Berrino L. A single subcutaneous injection of ozone prevents allodynia and decreases the over-expression of pro-inflammatory caspases in the orbito-frontal cortex of neuropathic mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009 Jan 28; [PubMed]
11. Sharma M, Hudson JB. Ozone gas is an effective and practical antibacterial agent. Am J Infect Control. 2008 Oct; [PubMed]
12. Adali Y, Eroǧlu HA, Makav M, Guvendi GF. Efficacy of Ozone and Selenium Therapy for Alcoholic Liver Injury: An Experimental Model. In Vivo. 2019 May-Jun [PumMed]
13. Ugazio E, Tullio V, Binello A, Tagliapietra S, Dosio F. Ozonated Oils as Antimicrobial Systems in Topical Applications. Their Characterization, Current Applications, and Advances in Improved Delivery Techniques. Molecules. 2020; [PubMed]
14. Cespedes-Suarez, Javier & Martin-Serrano, Yanisley & Carballosa-Peña, Maria & Dager-Carballosa, Diana. (2018). Clinical Study of Patients with Heart Failure under treatment with Ozone Therapy.. Journal of Ozone Therapy. 2. [Research Gate]
15. Borroto-Rodríguez V, Suárez-Fleitas LR, Bocci V, Luisa B, Lima-Hernández LB, Cámbara-Peña R, et al. Ozonoterapia en la Insuﬁciencia Cardiaca Crónica [Ozonetherapy in chronic heart failure]. Revista Española de Ozonoterapia. 2016
16. Scassellati C, Galoforo AC, Bonvicini C, Esposito C, Ricevuti G. Ozone: a natural bioactive molecule with antioxidant property as potential new strategy in aging and in neurodegenerative disorders. Ageing Res Rev. 2020;63:101138. [PubMed]